Welcome to Aviation Spectator
Probably the world's best site for aviation enthusiasts*...
Aviation Spectator aims to provide the most complete and compelling
experience possible for military and civil aviation enthusiasts, hobbyists,
planespotters, researchers, pilots, passengers, and all who thrill to
the miracle of flight in all its forms.
Ready for takeoff?
- Browse thousands of aviation photos
- Watch amazing aviation videos
- Enjoy hundreds of aircraft profiles
- Explore a wealth of aviation resources
and much, much more, ETA: "shortly".
Best of all, we won't charge for luggage, impound your nail file,
or confiscate your beer.
* Soon. We're working on it. You can help.
Now strap yourself in, and enjoy the flight!
A-10/OA-10 Thunderbolt IIs have excellent maneuverability at low air speeds and altitude, and are highly accurate weapons-delivery platforms. They can loiter near battle areas for extended periods of time and operate under 1,000-foot ceilings (303.3 meters) with 1.5-mile (2.4 kilometers) visibility.
The UH-1N is a light-lift utility helicopter used to support Air Force Space Command missile wings and groups.
The helicopter has a number of uses. Its primary mission includes:
* Airlift of emergency security and disaster response forces,
* Security surveillance of off-base movements of nuclear weapons convoys and test range areas during launch conditions
The AC-130 gunship's primary missions are close air support, air interdiction and force protection. Missions in close air support are troops in contact, convoy escort and urban operations.
The North American A-5 Vigilante was a powerful, highly advanced carrier-based supersonic bomber designed for the United States Navy.