Welcome to Aviation Spectator
Probably the world's best site for aviation enthusiasts*...
Aviation Spectator aims to provide the most complete and compelling
experience possible for military and civil aviation enthusiasts, hobbyists,
planespotters, researchers, pilots, passengers, and all who thrill to
the miracle of flight in all its forms.
Ready for takeoff?
- Browse thousands of aviation photos
- Watch amazing aviation videos
- Enjoy hundreds of aircraft profiles
- Explore a wealth of aviation resources
and much, much more, ETA: "shortly".
Best of all, we won't charge for luggage, impound your nail file,
or confiscate your beer.
* Soon. We're working on it. You can help.
Now strap yourself in, and enjoy the flight!
The F-117A Nighthawk is the world's first operational aircraft designed to exploit low-observable stealth technology.
This precision-strike aircraft penetrates high-threat airspace and uses laser-guided weapons against critical targets.
The WC-130 Hercules is a high-wing, medium-range aircraft flown by the Air Force Reserve Command for weather reconnaissance missions.
The UH-1N is a light-lift utility helicopter used to support Air Force Space Command missile wings and groups.
The helicopter has a number of uses. Its primary mission includes:
* Airlift of emergency security and disaster response forces,
* Security surveillance of off-base movements of nuclear weapons convoys and test range areas during launch conditions
The Boeing 727 is a mid-size, narrow-body, three-engine, T-tailed commercial jet airliner.
The 727's fuselage has an outer diameter of 148 inches (3.8 m). This allows six-abreast seating (three per side) and a single central access walkway when coach-class (18 inch width) seats are installed.